I spent all my spare time last week applying for jobs, I had the opportunity for two job interviews this coming week and decided to only go ahead with one. Therefore, In the spirit of my current job hunting, below are a few answers that I would potentially give.
Tell us about yourself.
- I’m a Libra.
- My greatest achievement of 2017 was not graduating but discovering the magic of tinting eyebrows.
- I’m a slow drinker so expect a night out to start early.
- I am the worst person in the entire world when I’m hangry.
Name 3 weaknesses.
- I do everything last minute
- Spending money on Make Up Revolution
Name 3 strengths.
- Binge watching Netflix
Why is team work important to you?
- You have someone else to blame if things go wrong
- You have a friend to chat to
Describe a time you dealt with a difficult situation.
- My dissertation – I spent 2 weeks crying and reading, and a week writing and somehow handed it in on time.
What’s your notice period?
- Enough time to organise leaving drinks
Do you have any questions?
- When will this interview be over?
- Are there any secret survival tips, like avoiding certain managers?
- What do I have to do to get you to hire me right here, right now?
Why should we hire you?
- Reigning Queen of the Casuals (casual lifeguards) for the past 2 years
- I’ll be so bad at my job that everyone else will look great
Goals for the future.
- Earning enough money to support my future dog
How do you handle pressure?
- It’s hit and miss depending on my mood e.g. Am I hungry? How much sleep have I had?
Obviously some of these answers are slightly exaggerated, for example, I absolutely love team work. I can work on my own but why would you when you have the opportunity to work with other people? I also always accept partial blame because
“a team is only as strong as it’s weakest member”
shit like that.
The past week of applications was exhausting and demoralising but wish me luck for the interview this week and hopefully I can keep applying to find the right thing!
If you enjoyed anything above, please share my post using the social media buttons attached.